Selective Preservation of Micro-Structures
The precision profiles of high-performance gears and crankshafts require extreme control of material removal during surface finishing. The Micro Machining Process (MMP TECHNOLOGY®) uses a unique roughness filtration method that provides unprecedented control and precision ensuring exceptionally targeted material removal, making it ideally suited to this market.
Additionally, the MMP TECHNOLOGY® optimizes the roughness of the parts, reducing friction while keeping micro-cavities to store oil.
Motorsports parts treated by our MMP TECHNOLOGY® increase their performance and lifetime.
Through an innovative super-finishing process, MMP TECHNOLOGY® selectively removes roughness frequencies to obtain super-finishes. MMP achieves homogeneity and reproducibility unmatched by any other surfacing technology.
High-Precision Control of Surface Roughness
The MMP TECHNOLOGY® is particularly well suited to finishing parts produced using additive layering technologies such as EOS’s Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) process.
Technical Benefits of Using MMP
- Superior accessibility to critical surfaces
- Reduced friction
- Respect for tolerances
- Improved aerodynamics
- Predictable material removal
- Superior surface retention of oil for improved lubrication
- Improved contact patch due to more accurate preservation of geometry
- Treated components can exhibit superior technical performance
- Improved power transmission of hard PVD-coated parts, such as DLC, by reducing the roughness of the coating to an unprecedented low level
The MMP TECHNOLOGY® treatment guarantees homogeneity, performance, and reliability for all the industries utilizing the MMP® process.
Homogeneity and Reproducibility
Increase Access to Oil Reserve
We strive in all of our services to give the best possible satisfaction to our partners and customers.