Selective Preservation of Surface Roughness
The unique ability of the Micro Machining Process (MMP TECHNOLOGY®) to selectively target roughness can dramatically impact the performance and tool life of specialized cutting tools. MMP provides controlled Micro honing on the cutting edge, better ejection of cuttings chips, as well a longer lifetime for the PVD coating applied on cutting tools.
Through an innovative super-finishing process, MMP TECHNOLOGY® selectively removes roughness frequencies to obtain super-finishes. MMP achieves homogeneity and reproducibility unmatched by any other surfacing technology.
Selective Preservation of Surface Topography
The unique ability of the Micro Machining Process (MMP TECHNOLOGY®) to selectively target roughness can dramatically impact the performance and life of tools.
Technical benefits of using MMP
- Longer tool life
- Faster cutting speed
- Improved resistance to wear
- Superior consistency
- Increased feed rates
- Reduced flute friction, dramatically improving chip evacuation
- Improved lubrication retention, reducing heat generation
- Controlled and repeatable edge micro honing
- Superior surface preparation before coating improves the adhesion of thin coatings (i.e., PVDs)
- Treating PVD coatings improves cut quality by reducing friction
The MMP TECHNOLOGY® treatment guarantees homogeneity, performance, and reliability for all the industries utilizing the MMP® process.
Preparation before PVD (increase PVD adhesion)
Decrease Roughness after PVD coating
Controlled Micro-Honing of the Edges
We strive in all of our services to give the best possible satisfaction to our partners and customers.